Tuesday, July 27, 2010

back again

I know I haven't been back on here for a LONG time, but no one reads this except me anyway and that's okay because it's mainly for me to have a way to express things.

My friend said it – it was one of those days I wished I could run away, I mean literally run away. When I have those kinds of days, sometimes it helps to craft a little something, sew or glue or paint, just something to feel I am doing something for myself, something that I WANT to do instead of what everyone else wants me to do or needs me to do. So I rummaged through my BIG pile of scrap fabric and gathered some pinks and oranges and yellows and a little bit of purple and went to work sewing it on a piece of white cotton fabric. Nothing fancy – I even ripped the fabric instead of cutting – kind of felt good to just tear it! I sewed it in strips back and forth, back and forth across the white fabric. Then I turned it the other way and cut it in two pieces, then folded it in half and cut into each fabric square – anyway this isn’t a tutorial it’s an explanation of my day! It turned out so CUTE I had to take a picture with my phone and text messaged it to my lifelong friend who’s having about the same kind of days I am lately. She replied with two words – two words that changed my entire stress related life….she typed, “happy colors”. Happy colors, wow that’s it! That’s it exactly. They are happy colors and they make me happy just looking at them. I don’t know why, but they do and I love these happy colors. I love them so much that I am going to make a key chain with them so I have these happy colors with me at all times, (well at least when I’m out) and then I thought I need happy colors in the house too, so I made a flower with them and I have it in the kitchen so I can just gaze at them and feel all happy and gitty and relaxed. Wow that’s a lot of pressure to put on some colorful fabric – but that’s how I feel and if that can help my day I say go for it! Find yourself some “happy colors” and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment