Monday, August 16, 2010

Routines

I do better on a routine. When I don't have a routine I tend to do a lot of nothing. Not because I'm lazy, but because I procrastinate. If I don't have a time schedule, I find myself wasting a lot of time, instead of using it to get things done and then I slip into a pity party or worse, I get angry. I work best when I am in a time crunch. Now that may sound crazy scary to someone who has their daily-weekly-monthly schedule all neatly written out in their planners. Give me 45 minutes before a party and I'm doing my best work, wrapping and designing something unique and special. If I have 4 days - nothing. Give me 15 minutes before we have to leave and I'm pickin my best outfit and creating a new hairdo - 5 days - nothing.

When I have a routine like during the school year, that works great for me. I know what I'm doing from 6:30-8:30 am and again from 2:30-3:30 pm. I know that between those times I have to get certain things done. Things that I can't do when kids are around. I know what my time periods are. I know what to expect. I love summer, but it's too much free time for me. I need routine to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment